Search Results

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Ex Gunner wants to return back

The Ivory Coast defender Guy Demel was at Arsenal briefly as a 20 year-old, but couldn’t settle in London and was very quickly allowed to move on to Germany, playing for ten years in the Bundesliga with Borussia Dortmund and Hamburg.
But now, according to ESPN, he is now available on a free transfer and is desperate for a return to the Premiership before he retires.
He said yesterday: “I used to play at Arsenal but that was a long time ago and I am ready to go back. I am more experienced now and my desire is to return to England.”
“I have played six years at Hamburg and had a good time there but I feel the time is right for a new challenge,”
“Every player would like the opportunity to play in the Premier League where every weekend you play against top players and top teams and this is what I want. A lot of my Ivory Coast team-mates tell me how good it is play in the Premier League and it would be nice to play alongside them or against them.”
Demel is 6ft 2.5in and a regular Ivory Coast international and can play at right back or in midfield.

1 comment:

  1. sorry mate, u missed yr chance when you got off the boat, and arsenal dont need another right back and defensive midfider

    ReplyDelete