Search Results

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Szczesny breaks both arms before joining Arsenal first team

When Szczesny was just a twinkle in the Arsenal first team's eye, the Polish goalkeeper had a rather unfortunate accident in the gym. He describes it best himself: "I was in the gym doing squats when I lost my balance and the weight fell on my hands and broke both of them. It was a little bit bizarre. There was actually a few people in the gym at the same time and they said they were about to laugh before they realised my arms were not quite straight." As you'd imagine, two broken arms for a goalkeeper is pretty significant and he was out for four months. A year later Szczesny made his first team debut for Arsenal, keeping a clean sheet against West Brom in the Carling Cup before impressing on his loan to Brentford and finding a regular spot for the Gunners in the 2010 / 2011 season.

No comments:

Post a Comment